Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 48 oz eggplant, cut into ¼ in. slices (approx. 3 large eggplants)
- 3 tsp fine sea salt, divided, to taste
- 4 oz Parmigiano Reggiano, cut into pieces
- ½ oz garlic cloves (approx. 5 cloves)
- ½ oz fresh parsley, leaves and tender stems (approx. ½ bunch)
- ½ tsp black peppercorns
- 9 oz yellow onions, halved (approx. 2 medium onions)
- 1 oz olive oil
- 16 oz ground beef
- 8 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 4 oz red wine
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg, divided, to taste
- olive oil, to brush
- ½ tsp ground black pepper, divided, to taste
- 4 oz salted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 24 oz whole milk
- 2 ½ oz all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- per 1 portion
- 1506 kJ / 360 kcal
- 15 g
- 18 g
- 25 g
- 5 g