Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 1 tbsp long-grain white rice
- 2 tsp black peppercorns
- 5 - 15 dried chilies, stems removed, to taste
- 6 cardamom pods
- 1 oz fresh galangal (Thai ginger), thinly sliced
- 1 fresh lemongrass, thinly sliced (see Tip)
- 3 ½ oz shallots, cut into pieces (approx. 2 large shallots)
- 1 oz shrimp paste
- 5 fresh kaffir lime leaves, midrib removed
- 36 oz water, divided
- 16 oz sirloin steak, thinly sliced (approx. 2 in. x ¼ in.)
- 9 oz Thai eggplants, stems removed, quartered (approx. 7 eggplants)
- 6 oz fresh mixed mushrooms, e.g. straw, cremini, white button, cut into pieces if too large
- 2 oz fish sauce
- ¼ tsp palm sugar
- 2 fresh red Thai chilies, thinly sliced
- 4 - 5 sprigs fresh holy basil
- per 1 portion
- 1226 kJ / 293 kcal
- 40 g
- 16 g
- 8 g
- 101 mg
- 4 g
Alternative recipesShow all
Chicken with Spiced Tangerine Sauce
Peking-Style Duck Pancakes
Beefy Stuffed Peppers with Tomato Sauce
Cheesy Stuffed Meatloaf with Broccolini and Eggplant