Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 32 oz water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 17 oz eggplant, cut into ½ in. pieces (approx. 1 lg. eggplant)
- 10 sprigs fresh parsley, leaves and tender stems
- 12 fresh basil leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 7 oz onion, halved (approx. 1 med. onion)
- 3 oz celery, cut into 1 in. pieces (approx. 3 stalks)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 oz olive oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz), drained
- 1 oz red wine vinegar
- 10 oz red bell pepper, seeds removed and cut into ½ in. pieces (approx. 1 pepper)
- 2 oz pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 oz capers, rinsed and drained
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 oz toasted pine nuts, to garnish
- per 1 portion
- 644 kJ / 154 kcal
- 4 g
- 17 g
- 10 g
- 6 g