Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
One-Pot Barley and Vegetables
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 1 lemon, peel only, no pith (approx. 0.5 oz of peel)
- 1 oz dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 ½ tsp salt, to taste, divided
- 1 ½ tsp fresh ground pepper, to taste, divided
- 5 oz yellow onions, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 oz olive oil
- 5 ½ oz parsnips, diced into ½ in. pieces (approx. 3 med. parsnips)
- 6 oz carrots, diced into ½ in. pieces (approx. 4 med. carrots)
oz Yukon gold potatoes, cubed (½ in.), (approx. 3 med. potatoes)
or 10 oz sweet potatoes, cubed (½ in.)
- 4 ½ oz celery, cut into ¼ in. pieces (approx. 5 stalks)
- 4 oz pearl barley
- 22 oz water
- 2 heaping tsp vegetable stock paste
- 1 oz tomato paste
- 1 can diced tomatoes (approx. 14.5 oz)
oz baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
or 8 oz sugar snap peas
- parsley, to garnish
- per 1 portion
- 1452 kJ / 347 kcal
- 7 g
- 65 g
- 8 g
- 12 g