Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Braised Chicken with Chestnuts
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 10 g fresh root ginger, peeled, cut in round slices (2 mm)
- 10 g vegetable oil
- 2 star anise
- 1 tsp ground Sichuan pepper (see tip) (optional)
- 500 g chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, cut in pieces (5 cm)
- 300 g cooked chestnuts, peeled
- 10 g dark soy sauce
- 30 g light soy sauce
- 10 g granulated sugar
- 200 g water
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 2 spring onions, cut in pieces (4 cm), for garnishing
- per 1 portion
- 625 kJ / 149 kcal
- 28 g
- 39.2 g
- 15 g
Taiwanese three cup chicken
Tau Eu Bak (Braised Soy Sauce Pork Belly)
Chinese Style Stir-Fried Vegetables
Rice Wine Chicken
Teochew Steamed Pomfret With Mee Hoon
Beef and Tomato Stew
Thai Garlic Pork with Rice and Vegetables
Braised Pork and Egg with Rice
Prawn and Miso Noodle Soup
Prawn Stir-Fry with Rice and Vegetables
Steamed Beef with Ground Rice