Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 2 oz unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 8 oz yellow onions, quartered
- 4 oz celery, cut into pieces (2 in.), plus leaves to garnish
- 2 oz carrots, cut into pieces (2 in.)
- 2 oz all-purpose flour
- 16 oz fish stock
- 1 dried bay leaf
- ½ tsp salt, to taste
- ½ tsp white pepper
- ¼ tsp mace
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 4 oz whipping cream
- 8 oz crab meat
- 2 oz dry sherry
- fresh baguette, sliced, to serve
- per 1 portion
- 2209 kJ / 528 kcal
- 22 g
- 53 g
- 25 g
- 3 g
Alternative recipesShow all
Maple and Brown Butter Roasted Butternut Soup
Basic Soup Purée