Did You Know?
• Vindaloo is a dish found on many Indian menus and is the result of a fusion of Portuguese and Goan cuisine. The traditional Portuguese meat in wine and garlic was mixed with Indian spices to create vindaloo.
• The French baguette is a part of Lao and Vietnamese cooking. They prepare sandwiches (Bahn mi) served with a wide variety of fillings that are sold in street markets.
• Nikkei cuisine combines Japanese techniques with Peruvian flavors, like ceviche!
• Pasta is enjoyed in Ethiopian cuisine due to Italy’s presence during the 1930s.
• Tex-Mex cuisine is an example of the fusion between the USA and Mexico, with dishes as iconic as chili and fajitas.