Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Teochew Steamed Pomfret With Mee Hoon
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 1 - 2 pomfrets (total 500-600 g), gutted and descaled, scored at both sides (see tips)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper powder
- 80 g tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 50 g fresh ginger, cut in thin strips
- 1 fresh red chilli, cut in pieces (1 cm)
- 100 g silky tofu, cut in cubes (1 cm)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 20 g oil
- 1300 g water
- 100 g salted vegetable (hum choi), cut in thin strips (0.5 cm)
- 2 sour plums in brine
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked to soften, cut in thin slices (0.5 cm)
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp Chinese rice wine (Shaoxing Hua Tiao)
- 120 g mee hoon (rice vermicelli)
- 1 sprig spring onion, chopped, to garnish
- 1 sprig fresh coriander, leaves only, chopped, to garnish
- per 1 portion
- 1243 kJ / 297 kcal
- 14 g
- 44 g
- 8 g
- 3 g
Oil-free honey chicken wings
Braised Yee Mee
Chicken, Mushroom and Chinese Sausage Rice
Tau Eu Bak (Braised Soy Sauce Pork Belly)
Oil-free Honey Chicken Wings
Teochew Yam Paste with Gingko (Onee)
White Radish Pork Rib Soup
Teochew Seafood Porridge
Steamed Chicken with Dang Gui
Nyonya Fish Maw Soup