Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 200 g unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus extra to grease
- 150 g white sugar
- 1 lemon, zest only, no white pith
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 400 g plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 700 g quince paste, cut into pieces (see Tips)
- 70 g sweet wine (e.g. Port, Marsala, brandy)
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten, to brush
- per 1 portion
- 2863.4 kJ / 684.4 kcal
- 6.8 g
- 115.6 g
- 21.8 g
- Saturated fat
- 13.3 g
- 1.6 g
- 169.4 mg
Yoghurt with apple and blueberry compote
Stewed fruit compote
Stewed apples with walnut crumble topping
Pumpkin and ginger soup
Pear and peach crumble
Orange Campari marmalade
Stewed rhubarb with apple and strawberries
Gluten free warm berry cobbler
Plum and raspberry cobbler