Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 2 ½ oz yellow onions, halved
- 2 oz carrots, cut into pieces (1 in.)
- 3 ½ oz leeks, cut into pieces (1 in.)
oz celery, cut into pieces (1 in.)
or 3 ½ oz celeriac, cut into pieces (1 in.)
oz beef jerky, sliced into strips (¾ in.), (see Tip)
or 3 ½ oz Swiss air-dried beef, e.g. Bündnerfleisch, sliced into strips (¾ in.), (see Tip)
- 1 oz unsalted butter
- 2 ½ oz pearl barley
- 42 oz water
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 3 ½ oz heavy whipping cream
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch fresh ground pepper, to taste
- ½ bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley (approx. 2 tsp), leaves only, finely chopped
- per 1 portion
- 1137 kJ / 273 kcal
- 9 g
- 19 g
- 17 g
Alternative recipesShow all
Maple and Brown Butter Roasted Butternut Soup
Basic Soup Purée