Please be careful, this recipe is designed for a specific device combination and is not compatible with other machines.
Sous-vide Scallops with Saffron Sauce
Most of our recipes are easy. Those that require a little more time or cooking skills are rated medium or advanced.
This is how much time you need to prepare this meal.
This is the time it takes to prepare this meal from start to finish: marinating, baking, cooling etc.
This shows how many portions this recipe makes.
- 65 oz water (approx. or enough to fully submerge bags but not higher than the maximum capacity of the bowl)
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 12 sea scallops, large or jumbo, muscle removed, cleaned and patted dry with paper towel
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 4 slices orange, preferably organic, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano
- 6 oz pencil-thin asparagus, trimmed to fit vacuum sealer bag (approx. 5 in.)
- 2 oz yellow onions, in pieces
- ½ oz extra virgin olive oil
- 5 oz heavy whipping cream
- 2 pinches saffron threads
- ⅛ tsp salt, to taste
Searing and Serving
- ½ oz unsalted butter
- per 1 portion
- 1142 kJ / 273 kcal
- 16 g
- 8 g
- 20 g
- Saturated fat
- 11 g
- 1 g
- 788 mg
Sous-vide Salmon with Creamy Avocado
New England Clam Chowder
Sous-vide Pork Tenderloin with Ginger Glaze
Sweet and Sour Pork Ribs
Sweet and Sour Pork Ribs (TM5/6 Metric)
Asparagus with Cashew Cream
Seared Scallops with Carrot and Ginger Sauce (Hestan Cue™)
Crab Stuffed Lobster Tails
Coconut Sautéed Shrimp