Want glowing, luminous skin? Forget the expensive beauty products and skincare regime - naturally beautiful skin starts with what you eat! Read on to discover our top tips and recipes to help you glow from the inside out.
Kale Salad with Carrot and Ginger Dressing
Pork Tenderloin with Cherry Sauce
Let’s start with the basics! When it comes to your skin, you really are what you eat. Including these super skin foods as part of a healthy lifestyle can improve the appearance of your skin and give you a more glowing complexion.
1. Salmon: Helps to boost moisture in your skin.
2. Dark Chocolate: Can reduce appearance of wrinkles.
3. Tomatoes: Improve skin’s natural protection against UV damage.
4. Brazil Nuts: Can protect your skin cells from damage.
5. Avocados: Encourage more oxygen and nutrients to the skin.
6. Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Nourishes the skin and provides anti-inflammatory activity.
Chopped Asian Salad
Orange Balsamic Beet and Quinoa Salad
Strawberry Glaze Skin Smoothie
Citrus Salad with Mint Vinaigrette
Sous-vide Salmon with Creamy Avocado
One of the best ways to achieve luminous skin is to increase your intake of omega-3 fatty acids. These essential nutrients help to regulate the skin’s oil production, improve hydration, and minimize breakouts. They can also help soften rough, dry skin. One of the best sources of omega-3s is fish – salmon, mackerel, sardines and trout are all great options. Following a vegetarian diet? Try adding chia seeds, flax seeds and walnuts to lunchtime salads, or sprinkle over soups and baked potatoes.
Roasted Vegetables with Walnut Arugula Pesto
Creamy Broccoli Salad
Maple Teriyaki Salmon with Rice and Broccoli
Smoked Trout Dip
Smoked Mackerel and Watercress Dip
Slow Cooked Beef and Artichokes
Brussel Sprouts Salad with Cranberries and Almonds
Skin Glow Detox Juice
Green Smoothie Bowls (Matthew Kenney)
Turmeric is a golden-yellow spice that has been used for centuries as a health tonic. Thanks to its active ingredient, curcumin, it is also thought to promote the development of healthy skin. Here are three skin-boosting benefits of including turmeric in your diet:
1. Brightens Skin: Turmeric can be used to reduce excess production of melanin, resulting in a brighter, more luminous skin tone.
2. Calms Inflammation: With a whole host of anti-inflammatory benefits, turmeric can help improve skin issues such as acne and rashes.
3. Moisturizes Dry Skin: Ingesting turmeric, especially during the winter, can boost the dead skin cell removing process which causes new skin cells to regenerate. This helps to moisturize dry, rough skin.
It’s also a great way to add flavor and color to a dish! Try searching for turmeric on Cookidoo® to discover some delicious recipe suggestions.